Reports and Statistics
1. Where can I see the statistics for a specific campaign or message?
Login to your OctaneGo account and click on ‘Reports and Analysis’ on the top menu-bar and then click on ‘campaign reports’. The reports dashboard will open with all your sent campaigns. Locate the campaign you want to see reports for, click on the campaign ans you would be able to see the campaign reports.
2. What is Open Rate Tracking?
The number of people who have opened your email are email opens or the ability to keep track of the number of opens (“reads”) a message gets is Open Rate Tracking.
3. My open rate statistics are not available. What may be causing this?
Either your campaign is not effective and not responding or no one has opened it yet. Also, please note that plain text campaigns are not track-able.
4. What is Click Tracking?
Our Click Tracking feature allows customers to track how many times each link in your message have been clicked-on by your subscribers.
5. Why does my statistics panel indicate that my newsletter was sent to fewer people than I have on my list?
This can occur due to bounces (hard/soft). Hard Bounce happens when you have wrong email ids or your domain is black listed by your subscribers. Soft bounces occur due to relaying problems, routing errors or the inbox of your subscriber is full etc.
6. How many bounced email addresses are normal?
The allowed bounce rate is anything between 0.1% to 2%. If you have a significantly higher bounce rate, we recommend you look more deeply into how the list was gathered, how frequently it has been used and how bounces and unsubscribes have been handled in the past.
7. What is hard and soft bounce?
A bounce is an email that is returned to the sender because it cannot be delivered for some technical reason. Bounces are of two types:
- Hard bounces are permanent blocks, such as an email address that do not exist or has been deleted. Such email addresses are removed from the list straight away. The primary reasons for this was recipient email address does not exist, domain name does not exist, recipient email server has completely blocked delivery, soft bounces. Email addresses classified as other hard bounce are removed from the list after 2 unsuccessful delivery attempts over the course of a 32 day period.
- Soft bounces are email addresses removed after we have detected delivery issues such as an email inbox that is full, a mail server that is temporarily unavailable or the recipient no longer has an e-mail account at that address. In such cases, we try to deliver any further messages 4 more times within a 32 day period. If all our attempts fail, the email address that couldn’t receive the messages will be automatically removed from your mailing list to prevent your mailing list from becoming cluttered with bad emails.
The contacts removed after marking the message as spam are not available in the account. It is not possible to see which email addresses marked your message as Spam.To see statistics for complaints and bounces choose ‘reports and analytics’ and then ‘campaign reports’ in your Dashboard menu. Click on the campaign you want to check bounce summary of and then click on the top right tab that says ‘reporting options’. In the drop-down menu you will ‘bounce summary’ click on that button and you will see soft and hard bounces for that campaign. These lists are also downloadable for your reference.
8. Should I assume that the emails that does not show up in the bounced reporting was delivered?
9. How long does it take for a bounced email address to appear in the report?
In Real time
10. How can I decrease the spam complaint ratio?
- Please use Double opt-in process for your newsletter subscription, it ensures that your email id are correct
- Don’t use purchase database
- Custom subscriber link in your mailer and make your company logo and name prominent
- Use a warm up plan for large volumes so that ISPs don’t mark you as spam
11. Can my account be closed because of spam complaints?
Yes. Our in-house excellence team keeps on monitoring your account. If a spam complaint is triggered, we temporarily close your account until a solution is provided.
12. Can I track my sales with OctaneGo?
Yes. We provide goal tracking to track your sales.
13. What is a reasonable unsubscribe rate?
It varies on the kind of campaign you send and the industry to industry. For e.g.: You want a house right now and therefore you have subscribed to 20 newsletters. Once you have bought a property you will unsubscribe to all those newsletters.
14. How do I send a message to contacts that did not open my previous one?
Under the report section of a campaign, you can see un-opened email data under behaviour. Export the un-opened subscriber data and send them a separate message that you think will engage them better than the previous campaign.
15. What does recycled email address mean?
When someone is not using their email id for a long time, those email addresses are sent than allocated to new users. These emails are called recycled email ids.
16. How do I export email addresses from my statistics?
Under the behaviour section of the campaign reports, your emails lists are present; denominated into opens, clicks, bounce and un-opens. All these lists are exportable.
17. How do I check Open Click Activity?
Login to your OctaneGo account click ‘Report and Analytics’ from the top menu and then select ‘Campaign Reports’. You will reach on the campaign dashboard and then select the campaign you want to see the open and click activity of. Then go to the top right of the page and click on the ‘reporting options’ bar and then select’ recipient activity’. Here you can see who opened and clicked on your campaign and you can export these details in a SCV or an XLS file format.
18. How do I change the Real time links?
Sometimes when you are sending a campaign, you insert wrong images or links and this is realised afterwards when the campaign has been delivered. The ‘Real Time Links’ option in OctaneGo gives you an opportunity to change these wrong/broken links and images of that campaign after it has been sent.
Login to your OctaneGo account and then click on ‘Report and Analytics’ present at the top bar and select ‘campaign reports’. Select the campaign whose links you want to changes in real time. The campaign snapshot will open, click on the ‘Reporting Options’ tab on the top right of the page and choose ‘Real time links/image updation’. You will have 3 options – Update Links, Update Images and Update Tags.
Click on the link you want to update and then type in the link you want to change it to and then save it. The same can be done to change the image. The tag option helps you to tag a link that you want to particularly follow on clicks. Once you have changed these links and images, your subscribers will access the new links. It will not happen on Gmail, as Gmail caches images and always shows the original image of the campaign.
After changing the links, return to the campaign snapshot and preview the changes on the campaign creative. This is how to change links in real time for your campaigns, helping you to track the consumer behaviour.
19. How do I check click and open device activity?
Login to your OctaneGo account click ‘Report and Analytics’ from the top menu and then select ‘Campaign Reports’.
You will reach on the campaign dashboard and then select the campaign you want to see the open and click activity of. Then go to the top right of the page and click on the ‘reporting options’ bar and then select’ recipient activity’. Here you can see who opened and clicked on your campaign and you can export these details in a SCV or an XLS file format.
20. How can I check my bounce summary?
Welcome to OctaneGo and in this video we will learn how to check the bounce summary of a sent campaign.
Click on ‘Reports and Analytics’ present in the main menu and then click ‘Campaign Reports’. Then select the campaign you want to see the reports for. Then click on reporting options and choose ‘bounce summary’. Now you can see the hard bounce and the soft bounce summary of your campaign.
21. Where can I see that my campaign was seen on what all devices?
Login to your OctaneGo account and click on ‘Reports and Analytics’ present in the main menu and then click ‘Campaign Reports’. Then click on the campaign you want the repot form. The campaign snapshot will open. Scroll down to the end of the page were you can view on what all devices your campaign was opened.
22. How do I search for contacts who have not opened?
Login to your OctaneGo account and click on ‘Reports and Analytics’ present on the top menu and then select ‘Campaign Reports’.
Then click on the campaign you want to see the unsubscribe report of. Then go to the ‘Reporting Options’ tab present on the top right of the page and then choose ‘recipient Activity’. Go to the ‘Unopened’ tab and you can see who all have not opened your campaign.
- Getting started with OctaneGo
- Contacts and List Management
- Campaign Settings
- Template Builder
- API and Dynamic Content
- Billing Information
- SMS Marketing
- Web Form for Lead Generation
- A/B Tests
The easiest, smartest, most advanced email analytics tool on earth.
Template Builder tool assists/equips your creativity to design customised email template.
Be sure to save your searches to later modify them for advanced segmentation.
Increase your visibility and create buzz around your email campaigns by integrating social media in them.
Trigger auto-responders for your subscribers for special occasions.
Enhance your sales in a few clicks.